* By Adam James, founder of Springup PR
Are you a care provider wanting to know what media exposure and PR results you can secure over a certain period?
Well, here’s what happened when a care group with 5 care homes (Montreux Living) and a specialist supported-living service (My Life) approached us to help them secure positive media exposure for the group’s services and raise their profile among target audiences.
The results are from a 9-month period, and I’m glad to say, we’re still working with the group.
* Ongoing exposure in regional and care industry media
– 19 regional media ‘stories’ + associated websites (valuable for SEO), including:
Wiltshire Times – 12,000 readership; Surrey Advertiser 22,000 readership ;- Surrey Comet 6,470 readership; Warminster Journal – 5,000 readership; – Hartlepool Mail – 8,279 readership; Northern Echo – 78,000 readership; Sevenoaks Chronicle – 9664 readership; Kent Messenger – 35072 readership; Epsom Guardian – 29513 readership
– Other positive media exposure in Hartlepool media; care sector media and Learning Disability Today magazine
* Exclusive Learning Disability Today blog
– Using our long-term relationship with the editor of Learning Disability Today we secured an exclusive 6-weekly blog for My Life on the Learning Disability Today online platform.
The serialised blog ‘tells the story’ of ongoing progression at the My Life supported-living services.
This enabled exclusive third-party media content to be shared to key stakeholders, including Sir Stephen Bubb, commissioners and target audiences
* Positive content marketing and carehome.co.uk ‘stories’
11 x Montreux Living ‘stories’ for the Montreux Living website and content marketing (positive news stories) for the homes’ listings at www.carehome.co.uk
* National media exposure
* Coverage in Guardian Social Care Network – article shared online 413 times
* Daily Express – 1.1m readership
Springup PR’s media pitching success rate?
All in all we worked on 23 news story pitches for Montreux Living and My Life, and secured results i.e. exposure in target media on 19 occasions.
That’s a ‘hit rate’ of 83% – something only ‘media insiders’ can achieve.
During the period of working with Montreux Living and My Life we’ve developed working relationships and rapport with journalists and editors of target Surrey, Kent, Hartlepool + Wiltshire media.
As mentioned, we’re still working with the client, a full two years later.
* GET MY FREE GUIDE: How PR builds the reputation – and sales – of your care provider
* How to create an ultra-successful event at your care home
* Want to test out a PR agency?