This episode of the Care CEO Success Stories podcast features Keith Crockett, CEO of Lovett Care, which has eight homes across the UK.
Keith has a wealth of experience working with care providers, investors and private equity groups before joining Lovett Care.
In this episode Keith talks about his first six months as CEO – and the difference moving the senior team to a new headquarters made.
In the episode Keith reveals:
- The impact a new CEO’s “fresh pair of eyes” a care business can make
- Why bringing the senior team together more regularly face to face helps manage the growth of a care provider .
- How bringing in a new centralised headquarters sends a strong message about the aims of the business.
- How to grow a care provider from a small family-owned business to a more substantial operator – while keeping resident care at the heart of those plans.
- The importance of location when selecting a centralised head office space in relation to where homes are situated and transport links for the team.
- How a fresh new space is important in making the team feel valued and happy coming into work and the positive impact this has on the wider business.
- The importance of blending flexible working with a more traditional face to face approach and the importance of finding what works best for everyone.
- How improving existing homes to maintain a high standard of care helps raise occupancy.